Monday, April 30, 2012

And the Day Begins

"Mama", Little Owl whispered, "tell me again how night ends."
"The moon and the stars fade to ghosts," Mama said.  "Spiderwebs turn to silver threads.  Dewdrops sparkle on leaves and grass like tiny stars come down.
"Moonflowers close and morning glories open.  The sky brightens form black to blue,

blue to red,

red to gold.

"The rooster crows.  The crows caw.  And the days begins," said Mama.

from: Little Owl's Night by Divya Srinivasan 




I was up early this morning and watched the sun rise with a coffee in hand and a peaceful house.  It was fantastic. The day is a fresh blank page just waiting for me to make a mark.

I was able to get some progressive shots of the morning sky as the sun rose and the sky changed. It put me in mind of a book we read to Henry, Little Owl's Night, by Divya Srinivasan.








No comments:

Post a Comment