Monday, February 27, 2012

A Letter to Winter

Hey Winter -

I've really enjoyed you this year.  More than ever before.  You continue to be beautiful, and for that I am grateful.




I am growing weary however, of ice, of my husband having to plow, and of more grey days than not.  I also think that I may have a slight case of the February blahs.  Totally not your fault, you're still doing a fantastic job.  Snowstorms, frigid temps, sparking snow, impressive icicles.  I'm just putting it out there.

I long for fresh breezes, melting snow, running water washing away winter grit.

While you're still here I'll admire you, enjoy you and feel nostalgic about you (my son was born in a March snowstorm), but consider yourself served. 

 This is your eviction notice.

We are officially waiting for Spring.



1 comment:

  1. You have to shake this feeling. There's 6 weeks until ice out on your lake. Don't be fooled by bright sunny days, it's still winter for awhile now. Try to enjoy it or it will eat you up.

    ReplyDelete