Friday, February 17, 2012

Mid Winter Porch Decor

Unfortunatly I don't have any shots of my Christmas porch decorations, but I will share what I did today to freshen up the front.  I needed to get rid of the Christmas wreath - it was getting too dry and I was sick of it.  I made a new wreath - but then the planters looked off with their red berries, pine cones and variety of greens. 

I decided to pare it down and use strictly pine boughs.  Getting the birch to stand up in solid frozen soil was NOT FUN, but I accomplished my goal and I am pleased with the results.

A palate of green, white and yellow is modern and fresh.  Can't wait for spring!








My husband has told be recently that I am too negative.  So, I will say NOTHING of the fact that I CAN'T wait to get new siding, and a new screen door, and something to cover the hydro meter and, and...

1 comment:

  1. That's cute! A big planter will cover the hydro!
    Looks wonderful!
    I had a guy driving a tow truck give me a friendly honk while I was working at mine! Felt good.
    A couple of folks have stopped by, too, to make a positive comment.
    I changed it up today, too!

    ReplyDelete