Friday, February 21, 2014

Finding Peace

I don't really feel like myself unless I'm engaging in regular physical activity outside.  Snowshoes have recently saved my life.  The vast amount of snow, and until very recently, the temperatures have kept me inside, running only on the treadmill.  That's just not enough.  I need to be outside, among the trees and breathe in clean, fresh air. 
 
In the past week, I've visited almost all of my spring, summer and fall hunts
in the fields and forests across the road.  Yesterday I made it back to the beaver pond and way up high above the marsh.
 
Moving through the forest, in the soft, deep snow, there is just the shush, shush, shush of my snowshoes.  At the pond it is completely silent.  A place to be alone with my thoughts.
 
Something has been missing since Christmas, but I've found it again, and all it took was for me to get outside.
 







 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment