Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Time for Change

Fall is a time of great change. 



I always find the time between late spring and early fall a little stagnant.  Summer becomes worn.  Once the leaves are fully out, and the fresh green starts to fade, insects punch holes through mature leaves and we are left with a visage that's a little ragged.

Autumn, of course, brings with it increased wear.  The garden is winding down, leaves are turning and dying.  The daily weather is not the predictable sunny, sparkling days of July and August that we have become accustomed to.

Cooler air foreshadows winter to come, and rainy spells can feel lonely and sad instead of cozy and peaceful.

Mindset, of course plays a role in all of these changes.  I am facing a change right now that I'm not overly comfortable with,  and I suppose that is clouding my view.

While I welcome the fall and new opportunities to learn, I miss my summer cocoon.  I miss predictability, even though at the same time I often wished for change.

What's that old saying?  Be careful what you wish for - you just might get it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment