Saturday, August 25, 2012

Quiet

Good morning.



I know I haven't been writing much lately, and I don't really know why.  Sometimes, even in my non-blog life, I feel like hibernating, being quiet.  I don't have much to say, I guess.

Summer is winding down, and while on one hand I'm glad for it - I love the fall, on the other I'm a bit sad.  The school year is starting once again, and once again I will not be in front of a classroom.  Last year was because I was on maternity leave; this year because there are just no jobs out there.  I moved during my leave, so if I want to teach again, I will need to get a job in my new board - the old one is too far a commute.

I miss my school and I miss our old home during these times.  I miss my classroom and I miss my colleagues.  In this respect, I feel useless and unwanted.  Life is moving on without me.

All these thoughts are keeping me quiet right now.  I know I need to not dwell in the past and embrace my present, because my present holds so many wonderful things. 

But it's hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment